Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Let's see how far we've come...

So it's finally 2008 and what do we have to show for it? One year older and wiser too... i thoroughly enjoyed 07 and I am excited to venture off on this upcoming year. I thought alot about resolutions for this year, but I decided instead of resolutions I'm going to make a list of 'improvements' for myself. Resolutions for some reason sounds really harsh to me. Anyway, a couple of those improvements being: Read more books, find more ways to show Micah I love him, de-clutter, teach Max not to pee in the house at night etc etc.
We spent New Years Eve with some friends from our ward, first going to California Pizza Kitchen, then back to their house for 1/2 of a movie, and at about 11:30 off to the Gallaven Center for First Night. For those of you who do not reside in SLC, let me tell you it's been mighty cold the past while. Last night it was down to 11 degrees (and that's not celsius), we had quite the struggle deciding if we even wanted to make the 4 block walk to the festivities. But since it's Micah's favorite holiday, I finally consented to go... so after putting on a couple more layer we went. There were alot of people there, more than I expected. My favorite part was the fireworks, we were so close! And it was so loud! (Max hated it). And that's how we rang in the new year.

The picture is a little fuzzy because I took it with Micah's iphone, which is sensitive to touch... so I had to take my gloves of to snap the picture...
Today we went to Ron and Carol's house for a Huntzinger family potluck, it's always nice to visit with family :). Then tonight to celebrate I cooked a pork roast including carrots and homemade gravy, the only problem being... I don't know how to tell when a roast is done cooking and I have not idea how to make gravy. Once you mixed it all together it was great, I guess if we get sick tomorrow I'll know next time to cook pork for longer...lol

2 comments:

Judy Huntzinger said...

Steph you are a riot. Glad you have had wonderful experiences, etc.

Laura said...

Two words to save you from roast cluelessness: meat thermometer. It's so cool to know its done!