Friday, June 20, 2008

Lets do dis

Oh Goodness, this week seems to stretch on forever...
First off last friday Adam and April brown had a lovely baby boy, Matthew Luke Brown.  And he's a big boy! 9lbs! I was able to make it to the Farmers Market on Saturday I picked up some Amazing strawberries and raspberries and made strawberry shortcake for everyone, it was so good! I also got a big fresh bouquet of red, orange, purple, and white lilies and took them to April in the hospital. 
I don't know what it is about hospitals, but I hate them... As soon as I walk through those big glass doors, I start having a panic attack. Which made the later part of my week less enjoyable..
I spent monday at work, I only had one client... but I managed to keep myself busy for the most part. My client was a youngish woman with LONG naturally blonde hair, it was beautiful! I gave her long layers and a bit of fringe, she loved it! It always feels nice to have someone sit in you chair, put their trust in you, and walk out with a huge smile (and leaves a big tip). It's that feeling that helps me to love what I do.
Monday evening I came home feeling a bit off. I will spare you the gruesome details, I'll just say something was wrong. Tuesday morning hit me like a ton of bricks, Micah and Jared ended up coming home early to give me a blessing. I called work to let them know what was going on, and they told me to take as much time as I needed, which was nice. I was able to suffer through (with the help of LOTS of ibuprofen) tuesday, and by wednesday I was feeling great! Although I defiantly was not OK, I felt well enough to even able to get some cleaning done. On thursday I was planning to stop in at work to talk to them about my situation, I went with the intention of telling them I was ready to work the next day. By the time I got to Ambiance, I knew something was wrong. My my symptoms seemed to have tripled, wanting to avoid the emergency room if at all possible since our insurance doesn't kick in till next month, Stephanie (the manager at Ambiance) gave me the name of the doctor that she goes to. 
After explaining my situation through tears to the receptionist, she was able to finagle a way to squeeze me in (although she did tell me that if I wasn't able to get in, I needed to go to the emergency room anyway). A quick call to Micah, and he was on his way home, not only do I HATE going to the doctor, but I'm pretty much terrified to be there alone.
They were not able to, for sure, tell what was wrong with my body. The doctor suggested a whole slew of lab tests 'stat'. But without insurance, and the fact that they require full payment (to the tune of an additional $700) up front.... that's a hard pill to swallow.
To make an already to long story short, 2 prescriptions and $300 later.... I'm feeling alot better.
Although, the oxycodon makes me a little loopy, but according to Micah very friendly and happy.  

2 comments:

emily and logan said...

awww....so sad!

Judy Huntzinger said...

We are soo sorry, Steph, you are in our prayers and hope things will go better soon. Those are some powerful drugs, be careful. See you very soon.