Sunday, May 17, 2009

Mystic Tan?

The owner (Danny) of the company that Micah and I work for also owns a tanning salon in Fairfax, friday we stopped by to check it out. When we went in... it just so happened that Danny was at the salon. He insisted that I try out the 'starship' bed, which is a standup tanning bed. That was an experience on it's own, it really was like being in a mini-starship.  He also insisted that I try out the mystic... First off you coat your hands and feet in 'barrier cream', put a hair net over your hair, and nose plugs in your nose, and strip down to your undies. Then you climb in this giant box like machine and the door automatically closes behind you, the tech warned me that the spray would be cold... maybe I though she was joking... all I know is all of a sudden it felt like a garden hose spraying me down. The spray creates a giant cloud inside the box, so you can't really breath, you cant really see, and did I mention it was cold? Anyway it was very interesting, the results were better than I thought they'd be... I'd try it again and it's was better for your skin (rather than the sun or a normal tanning bed).
 Has anyone else tried it?

4 comments:

Alyssa said...

I've never tried it but, it sounds interesting! So how did Micah enjoy it? Now we just need to see photos of the finished product :0)

Judy Huntzinger said...

interest...no

Charlotte said...

I almost tried it last summer. Since the results were better than you thought they'd be... I think I'll go for it for sure this summer. I always hate showing up for my family reunion at the lake as white as a ghost =)

Krilafis said...

Did you come out looking like an orange? I can't imagine getting a mystic tan unless it actually looked natural.

P.S. How the heck are you!?