Friday, July 10, 2009

Happenings and stuff I like

I know, I know... All I ever do is picture post! 
But I sort have an excuse this time :] For the past year I've been having a struggle with my wisdom. I'd waver back and forth as to whether I wanted to have them pulled or to just leave them... I noted that my jaw has been stiffer and I was feeling more and more pressure, but being the cheapskate that I am, I did my best to ignore it. That was until this last weekend... I woke up last saturday in the middle of the night to a THROBBING ACHING IMMENSE pain in my jaw, and I knew I could wait no longer. Long story short, I was able to find an Oral Surgeon (that accepts our insurance) that was able to squeeze me in an appointment for tuesday the 14th. What have I been doing in the mean time? A mixture of Tylenol, Oxycodone, and oragel ...haha.  I have  a rotating schedule worked our that makes the days bearable; the unfortunate side effect being... I'm not quite myself.  Apparently I have one of the 'worst case scenarios' as far as wisdom teeth go, I have 4 'Complete Bony Impactions'
(These are not my teeth, it's just an example of the kind of impaction I have)
For the record... Complete Bony Impactions should also be synonymous with 'the most expensive'. The teeth are fully incased in my jaw which means to remove them they also must remove bone from my jaw.... Yikes!... This means that not only is there a greater risk for adverse side effects but the operation will be longer as well as my recovery.
For the record... Complete Bony Impactions should also be synonymous with 'the most expensive'. The teeth are fully incased in my jaw which means to remove them they also must remove bone from my jaw.... Yikes!... This means that not only is there a greater risk for adverse side effects but the operation will be longer as well as my recovery. My Mother is flying in on monday and will be staying the week to help out (since Micah has work). Hopefully I will stop goggleing 'wisdom teeth extractions gone wrong' and hopefully I'll live to survive the tale. 

In the mean time, here are some random thing I've found and enjoyed :]

(Pretty much my morning in a nutshell... Candra would agree... haha)

(this is from a movie called 'My Neighbor Totoro' my favorite movie from my childhood, if you or you offspring have not seen it... I highly recommend it)
(Courtesy of Loobylu, I love her animations)

(seriously adorable)
(I'm saving these for a special occasion, I accidently bought 'green apple' flavored sprinkles a while back, I think these would be fabulous! Really though, for what other reason would you buy 'green apple' flavored sprinkles except on accident?)

(Judy, I thought this would be a good idea for all those seashells you guys have collected)

(I want to get big guage twine and make coasters)
(I keep meaning to buy this book for Micah, hopefully I'll remember again around some holiday)

Ta-Ta for now <3

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Neat finds
Hope everything turns out ok with those wisdom teeth- sounds horrid.

Judy Huntzinger said...

Soo sorry about the teeth. You could post your actually ex-rays. I love the apple cupcakes and the dog in a bun was so funny, love the idea with the seashells. Looking forward to seeing you again soon. Want to recover at the BEACH?? I'll come get you!

Charlotte said...

Ahh- so sorry about the teeth! Especially sorry that we couldn't work it out for you to do it for free here in Salt Lake. Not the kind of thing you would want to do with the possibility of getting a placebo pain killer, though.