Friday, December 21, 2007

Holy Snowly

Somehow Micah and I missed the memo that there was going to be a huge snow storm last night... All I know is that I looked out the window and was very surprised (I stayed home from work to get ready for Washington, so i hadn't yet left the house). At about 10pm the ice cream cravings kicked it, since we'll be gone for a while we didn't buy any the last time we were at the store. Besides it's just a little snow....

Things were fine (a little slippy but...) until we went to leave the store and got stuck pulling out of the parking lot, the road sloped down toward the curb.... which we got wedged in at a 45 degree angle. Micah got out to push but I can't drive a stick shift that well, so things quickly escalated into a very frustrating situation. Luckily some nice guys stopped to help me push while Micah drove it out. It only took a couple of tries, but since the car is so light it was relitively easy. After we got him out I then had to chase him down the street (we didn't want to stop! We would gonna get stuck again!). What we didn't get a picture of is Max, he was so funny. He hated the snow and refused to run, not that I can blame him he was chest deep!
Here's the aftermath (yes that's me freezing in the background)

2 comments:

Judy Huntzinger said...

Yikes what a story! We all prayed for this "moisture" but one has to live through it first. So glad you both did ok. Poor Max must be hard to be that short. Showed Cecile and Ralph your previous

Collings Family said...

I wondered how your car would do in the snow. I had some white knuckle experiences myself yesterday but nothing that bad!I'll be praying for you guys on your drive to Wash, cause its supposed to snow all this coming week!