Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Christmas Cheer

I 'borrowed' this from Claire's blog, she posted it a while back- I really like it.
"This Christmas, mend a quarrel. Seek out a forgotten friend. Dismiss suspicion and replace it with trust. Write a letter. Give a soft answer. Encourage youth. Manifest your loyalty in word and deed. Keep a promise. Forgo a grudge. Forgive an enemy. Apologize. Try to understand. Examine your demands on others. Think first of someone else. Be kind. Be gentle. Laugh a little more. Express your gratitude. Welcome a stranger. Gladden the heart of a child. Take pleasure in the beauty and wonder of the earth. Speak your love and speak it again. Christmas is a celebration, and there is no celebration that compares with the realization of its true meaning - with the sudden stirring of the heart that has extended itself unselfishly in the things that matter most." - President Hunter, Ensign, Dec. 2002

1 comment:

Collings Family said...

Alright now, between your :) post and this one you've got me all misty. I especially needed the Pres. Hunter quote because there are quite a few things on that list that I needed to be reminded of! Thanks