Tuesday, January 8, 2008

That's it we're moving to Florida!


I've lived in Utah for about 3 years now, and up until this last week of so I've enjoyed it. This past week I've been the coldest I've ever been in my life. The past 2 days it's been 15 degrees when I have to leave for work, now I think that's a little excessive. Speaking of trying to get to work... Yesterday started out like a normal day, I left 10min early so I would have time to warm up the car. So I walk outside (this is 7:30am dark and cold) get to my car try to unlock the doors as I walk up, but my key is dead (it charges through the ignition in the car, but I don't really drive that much so it never charges), so I manually unlock the car and try to open the door. Try being the key word, the door is completely frozen shut. Over the weekend it snowed and then melted and then froze and melted again only to freeze again the night before So I try the back door, but when you unlock the car manually it only allows you to unlocks the front door. Suck. My spare key is in Micah's car which is also locked, so I run in the house find my key, run to Micah's car, get my key, unlock my car, and then run Micah's key back inside (I would be in so much trouble if I accidentally took it!). Now I'm in a hurry, so I jog back to my car and slip on a patch of ice right by the trunk, luckily I manage to catch myself right before I hit the ground... But I still banged my elbow and got a huge sore-spot on my back. Now I'm angry. I finally manage to pry open the passenger side door and crawl inside. Once inside I decide I really should get my door open, so i pull the handle and push with all my might, the door swings open and a shower of snow and ice fall on my head and inside the car- did I mention I had just straightened my hair? I turn on the car and turn on the windshield wipers, which I guess was wishful thinking on my part because of course they were also frozen. Back out of the car I go to scrape ice off the windshield (I should be at work by now), which is no joke like a half inch thick...okay so maybe only a quarter inch, whatever it was alot of ice. I think to myself "Why didn't I buy that ice scraper?" as I scrape at the windshield with my debit card. My hands are frozen, my car is a block of ice, I'm late for work, blah blah blah. Then one positive thing, I did get to work eventually.

I really am enjoying my new job. I feel like I'm really needed there, and that I can make a big difference. Everyone has been so nice and have been very helpful in my learning the many many systems that I need to memorize. I am a little intimidated by the volume of things I will be in charge of, the girl who's job I'm taking over has been doing it for 6 years! Try filling those shoes with only a week of training!

4 comments:

tim said...

There's always Pasadena ;)

Judy Huntzinger said...

LaVar says CD cases actually work better than credit cards. :0)

Charlotte said...

Every morning it's a struggle to get our car doors open also... in the minivan it is almost impossible! (they have that weird 4 prong thing) Every winter we wonder why we still live here!

Collings Family said...

A few days ago I had to pick up all of the kindergartners for school by having them climb through the trunk cause I couldn't get my minivan doors open either!