
Raise you hand if you spent last night in the cab of a Penske truck!
That's right... we did
We got there around 1 pm. There was an accident on I-80 which closed down the entire east bound side. Then it got closed for weather reasons (It snowed over a foot while we were sitting there waiting). So there we were stuck at some random truck stop in Wyoming. Luckily since we were moving we had extra blankets and pillows, so we hunkered down. I think I got a total of 15min of sleep that night...Here's a blub from early on in the process...
Things were fine until it dropped to about 20 degrees, and the windows that were once fogged, froze over. Everything I would finally get to sleep; an arm, leg, buttcheek, you name it, would fall asleep and wake me up. Blech.
We eventually got out of there about 8'o'clock the next morning.
Our wipers froze over, so this is what we looked at for a couple of hours

One cool thing, we drove throught Kearny Nebraska, which is where my Grandpa Marv grew up. It was kinda fun to think of a very young grandpa of mine to drive the same streets. I called him to tell him we were driving through, he told me all kinds of stories of him growing up.
We stopped at a truck stop to fill up with gas

And look what we found...
At this point it's pretty much the grossest car I've ever seen

Allright fellas I think I'm tired enough that my body is actually shutting down
We only have about 20 more hours of driving tomarrow! Yay!
7 comments:
I feel ya. We drove a moving truck from Idaho to Michigan. It was the worst experience of our lives. Although I think yours is worse!
took me a second to realize that it was YOUR car. Yeak! Do you feel a bit like that car? I am glad you guys are ok though- meaning not dead.
I hope the rest of the trip is a little bit better. Good luck!
I miss you guys already!
You are almost there! Keep driving safe, we are praying for you guys.
I don't envy you at all. At least the drive part. Hope you get there safely.
Sooooo glad you are there and got the car and motorcycle unloaded and you are safe! What an "adventure in moving" you guys had. Hope you will not ever have to repeat that move in your lifetime..... then again, who knows. Not for awhile anyway. Enjoy that Virginia spring with the flowers and birds.
Looks like fun times. Nothing beats a couple of days in a Penske. Thanks for helping us move. I'm sorry we weren't there for you. I love you guys..."and your little dog... too."
I have already commented but since you don't have internet, I will comment again. Max is so funny I have watched this several times and he honestly shakes his head, soo funny almost as funny as the whole HECKLER thing... also sooooo funny!
Post a Comment