
I'm convinced I must have been a truck driver in another life.
We spent so long in the car! It took us 4 days (including our stint in Wyoming), driving time was only 36ish hours... over $1000 in gas later and we're home :)
Micah was so excited to show me the Mississippi. While we drove over it he told me the story of when the Mormons were forced out of Nauvoo and the whole river froze over and the were able to walk straight across. It's hard to fathom that river freezing over, it would have to be extremely cold for that to freeze.. and people walked across, without cars! Yikes! I can barely scrape the ice off my car windows in the morning with thinking I'm about to die from hypothermia.

We passed through some new states for me :) Nebraska, where my grandpa Marv grew up Kearny, NE. We actually passed right through the town he grew up in. It was strange to think of a young grandpa of mine driving those same streets I was...
We also passed though Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Pennsylvania, West Virginia (we also passed close to where my grandma Carol grew up in Fairmont WV), and then finally on to Virginia. It's a trip I hope to never make again!
When we first got in we stopped at Micah's work, they had a loading dock that we used to get the motorcycle out

Max was so nervous! He kept trying to climb as high as he could, which ended up being on my shoulder...

I always wanted to be a pirate...
No comments:
Post a Comment