Monday, June 9, 2008

So I'm sweating a little..

It's 95 degrees outside, with the humidity it's 104, Yikes! Did I mention that our air conditioning works not so good? 
Things have been interesting 'round here!
First off, I ment to post this a while ago...
When Taylor was visiting, after the concert we walked around the north side of DC. We found this little sandwich shop!
If a little certain someone ever comes to visit... we'll have just the place to take him :)

On a bit of a different note, on friday came home to a great little present waiting in my mailbox.  A while back I had entered my self in a couple of Paul Mitchell giveaways, one of them being this new Lavender Mint Shampoo and Conditioner
It smells amazing! Lavender is one of my all time favorite scents and the mint balances nicely, its not to overpowering (like I thought it would be). Long story short... it's great

There is a long list of blogs I stalk... I'll admit it... I'm a blogger stalker. One of them being Crabmommy, she had a wonderful giveaway over the weekend from Toto Knits. Toto Knits has a wonderful story behind it that I recommend you check out. Anyway as most of you know my sister Dani is expecting, I've been wanting to send her a care package and I've been seriously stressing about what it'd be. I wanted it to be something substantial (her being my sister and all), something she would like, and lastly something that would show that I put some effort into it. I was thinking about getting her this baby book by Binth...


It's so cute! I love the simple calm design, it's different but in a classy way. It is $110 and I just couldn't swallow that...
So back to the internet I went in search of the perfect gift...
On my daily blog rounds I passed by crabmommy's site and entered her giveaway. I almost peed my pants when I check back this morning and found that I was the lucky winner!
(This is the sweater I'd like to get her)
(This monkey one reminds me of Evan)
This will be a great present (if it's a boy or a girl)! She is due in October, so a sweater should come in handy pretty fast. Even if I hadn't won... I prolly would've bought one anyway! (or wished I could buy one because they are $75)

5 comments:

tim said...

cute stuff

Judy Huntzinger said...

AAAAh yes, the humidity. We used to have a DE-Humidifier in our basement and we could take out a 5 gallon bucket every other day. That is a lot of water in the air. Ummm but I have to think of my skin and hair, it gets so nice so quick.
Never known anyone to win so many things!! Good for you. The sweater is darling and so are the books. You are a good internet shopper. Good luck at work!! See you guys really soon.

Unknown said...

I feel in love with that baby book too - but $110 -sigh-
The sweaters are very cute! I am sure she'll love em

Charlotte said...

Oh yeah... we have to come visit now. Ollie would love it! =) That baby book is AWESOME! Going to have to "borrow" some of those ideas for scrapbooking.

Collings Family said...

That sweater is so cute!