Saturday, November 1, 2008

Us

It's been a while between posting lately... I blame it on being to cold to type...
Anyway, here's what we've been up to:
Last weekend we took a trip to Norfolk to visit Judy and LaVar. Although it was very cold and rainy, we still (or at least I did) had fun. I tagged along with Judy to her Super Saturday (Mine was on thursday) and Micah watched football with his Dad. It was so nice to just getaway and have a mellow weekend! They also gave us 'Jealousy' which I am loving! We found a cozy spot for her
Thanks!!
On the way back we had to stop for gas and decided to check out 'President Park', we drove by it last time on our way home but we we were getting on the freeway and couldn't stop. It opens at 10 and we got there about 9:45 so Micah, being himself, climbed ontop of a transformer box to get a better look

The statues are huge!
We waited around for it to open, left Max in the car and went inside only to find.... they charge $12 a person! To walk around a park! So much for that! Kinda disappointing but life went on... We walk back outside to find our car moving away! Micah goes sprinting after it (doesn't this sound familiar...) and catches it right before it jumps a curb. Apparently we forgot to pull the emergency break (it was on pretty flat ground) and all of Max's jumping around gave it just enough momentum to start rolling. 

We had a quiet Halloween too... I think we had 5 trick'or'treaters, they were in one group and they were our next door neighbors. I was kinda bummed. Later Adam an April stopped by (they had been at the trunk or treat at the church), Maya and Matthew were so cute! Maya was a fairy princess and Matt was a lion (I should have grabbed some pictures...). 
Micah and I got up early(ish) this morning to go 'day after Halloween candy shopping', my favorite! We got some pretty good stuff :) 
Then it was back home for cleaning... Since it was such a nice day we decided to get some fall cleaning done. It was nice to open the windows and get air flowing through, this house gets so dusty! I found this bug, he is big and gross. Neither Micah or I could figure out what it was, cricket? Moth? Dunno. He suggested I take a picture for his dad to see...
Any ideas?
 I managed to get the downstairs done (baseboards and all!) and I decided to blog instead of starting upstairs... it's alot of work! Micah is off trying to find a suit for the military ball next weekend... All and all it's been a nice saturday...

On a seperate note, when we went to the factory found a 'souvenir'... it's the top to an oxygen tank. I thought it was neat, Micah says "What the crap are you going to do with that thing?". Today I found it a home
I had to pound the bottom flat but I think it works :)

3 comments:

Judy Huntzinger said...

We think it is an assassin bug. That is a scary story about the car rolling away!! Is "President's Park" near Williamsburg? Richmond? Good idea for the oxygen tank top. Jealousy looks great, glad you are liking using her. Hope Micah found a suit. Looking forward to next weekend.

Alyssa said...

The whole downstairs would be a ton of work!!! I like the oxygen tank vase--I think it works! I will have to ask Jake abt the bug---he just might know.

L Huntz said...

Check out this site.
http://www.hiltonpond.org/ThisWeek030901.html
to see if this is the bug. I once waned to find one real bad. I wanted to make alost wax cast of it to put on a plaque to give this Marine aviator who had the call sign "Assassin." I asked the stake president (an etomoligist who worked at the smithsonian) where to find one. He said the best place to look would be under the lights of a shopping center parking lot at night. So now you know why you find them in the area you live.
LaVar