When LaVar and Judy came to visit we stopped by the farmers market, they picked up a clearence marked Basil and Parsley plant. I planted them in the garden and they blossomed wonderfully (Micah calls them my cheater plants). On saturday I decided to use some of the basil.... it smelled amazing in the garden... I couldn't resist





(a present from my Mom for my birthday... the grill not the sandwich)

This is the cliffnotes version of the actual recipe (which I can't find... hmmm)Grilled Chicken, Mozzarella, Tomato and Basil Sandwiches
2 Chicken Breasts (seasoned lightly with salt and pepper and grilled- george forman style)
6 large Basil Leaves (fresh is best)
1 med/small tomato (cut into slices)
2 Mozzarella slices
Focaccia Rolls (I used regular bread since I forgot to grab focaccia rolls)
Marinade: 1 tbl olive oil, 1 tbl lemon juice, 2 cloves garlic (minced), salt and pepper (to taste)
Let marinade soak on toms (I think the original recipe said for 30min... but I never remember that far ahead).
Assemble and Enjoy!
Micah Really likes this... and it's so quick and easy. I hate running the over during the summer (it's so stinkin' hot) so the mini grill is a great alternative :)
4 comments:
Sounds yummy. Too bad my chickens decided they also love basil! My garden is a shell of what it was.
nummy
Sounds good a grill huh? Love BASIL!! it sounds like a great combo
That looks so YUMMY! My "cheater" basil isn't doing that well so...I say you still get credit for it!!! Especially if you make delicious things like those with it.
Post a Comment