Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Sweet treat

So it's that time of year again, time to start testing out recipes to use for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Being the shy beginner cook that I am, I like to try a recipe at least once before I offer it to someone other than Micah.
I love pumpkin pie, especially during the holidays ( I buy tons of pumpkin spice candles and burn them from Halloween to Christmas). But since there is only me and Micah I don't like making whole pies, because they get messy and go bad before we can eat the whole thing. Nonetheless, as I peruseing the internet looking for the perfect recipe, I can across one that "made it's own crust". So after some thought a lightbulb dinged and I got the idea to make mini pies using a muffin pan and the crustless recipe. The bigger idea was that I could make a batch or two and then freeze them, and defrost them whenever I/Micah wanted a snack.This was the result:

(I ended up puttin crused gingersnaps in the bottoms)
They tasted really good! A little more like muffins, but it still had the mushy(?) pumpkin pie like filling. I think I'll make them again, but I'm going to see if I can find bigger muffin pans (like costco muffin size). So if anybody knows if those exist let me know.

5 comments:

Judy Huntzinger said...

they sound so good. I will have Rowena the garage shopping genie see if she can find some for you.

Tyler H said...

I would think you could actually make little pumpkin pies in muffin tins too. You have got to let Charlotte teach you how to make her crust - it is amazing! I love the pumpkin smells this time of year too. if you wanted to make a full size pie I would be happy to help you eat any you thought you all coulbn't eat.
Oh, last night I had a pumpkin soup with brown sugar and ginger that was really great!

Charlotte said...

I want to try out this recipe next.

barefootinthekitchen.blogspot.com/2007/11/pumpkin-bars.html

(Sorry I don't know how to link in "comments.")
I just keep forgetting to get pumpkin at the grocery store.

Tyler H said...

maybe try just putting the https://www. before it?
wait, here i will try it
https://www.barefootinthekitchen.blogspot.com/2007/11/pumpkin-bars.
nope....
I will have to look into the html i guess

Tyler H said...

OK, I think I got it.
Here It IS