After getting home lat last night, we stopped by to check the mail. I love this time of year because we get all kinds of mail, mostly cards, but since I don't really get to communicate with my family in Washington- it's nice to know they think of me from time to time :). Anyway so amongst our many cards, we got a letter from Micah's great-grandparents Cecil and Ralph. Expecting it to be another cute card, we casually open it and what falls out? A check! (we pinched ourselves to make sure we wern't dreaming). Thinking it must somehow be a mistake, Micah called his parents who assured us that it was on-purpose. Micah's family isn't real big on presents (outside of immediate family), so not expecting anything- this just blew our minds
Enclosed in the letter was an encouragement to pay off debt as quickly as possible, and to keep a small reserve. Budgeting is something that Micah and I have really been focusing on lately, in my mind this experience is just another way for God to say "You're on the right track!".
For what ever reason it seems, that miracles that happen around Christmas... seem just a bit bigger
3 comments:
We were just as shocked. It is so great to get a gift that is so unexpected. Speaking of budgeting. Have you heard of Dave Ramsey? We've been doing a lot of work with this the past year. It's been great!
I shared some of the stories with Cecile and she got teary eyed and said she wished it could have been more but she was so grateful to do it for all 28 of you.
I don't think anyone who received those cards wished for anything more. I made me cry, it was such an unexpected blessing.
Post a Comment