Saturday, December 29, 2007

Been a while

It seems like it's been forever since my last post, we've been so busy! Here are the highlights for the last week or so:
We got a shipment from Oly woohoo! We've been so blessed by the generosity of family and friends!

Friday before Christmas we had Micah's company party, it was pretty fun. It had a casino night theme and was fully catered and had and open bar. Which ment that about an hour or two into it everyone but us and another couple got completely plastered and started dancing. They gave us fake chips to play with (when you lost all of those you could then buy more), which you could then turn in for raffle tickets. Micah and I played at the poker table (since it's one of the few 'gambling' games we know how to play), I lost all of my chips pretty early on, but Micah on the other hand took his 250 'dollars' in chips and turned them into 1100 'dollars'. We won a $25 visa gift card from the raffle before we left at about 11pm (the party went till 1am), then we gave a guy Micah works with the rest of the raffle tickets we had to hold in case our numbers were called. Unfortunately since there had be heavy drinking before, the guy we gave our raffle tickets to won a camera... but wasn't sure whose ticket it came from.
Oh well
We then decided to leave that night to drive to Washington to spend christmas with my family. It's about a 14hour drive (under ideal conditions), so leaving at 1am that night would have put us there at about 2pm the next day. I saw would have because we ended up getting stuck on Snoqualmie pass (in Washington) for about 4 hours. We apparetly were just in time to get past the chain-up area before they devided to require them for all cars. We got half way up the mountain, and lost forward momentum and get stuck. Log story short we had to wait for my Dad to bring us chains (thanks Dad :)!) so we could get home.
Here is out side the car window on the pass (which was beautiful!)

Christmas with my family was very fun. Micah celebrated his 24th birthday while we were there, we threw him a little party here was his cake that I made... I misjudged how big the letters were going to be (I was squeezing frosting out of a plastic baggie! It's tougher that it seems!) We also couldn't find any candles so we used glow sticks :)

We spent Christmas eve with my Mom's side, which is always interesting. Then when we got home we opened half of the presents, Dani had to work in the morning, and opened the rest Christmas day. We got some lovely presents from my family! And stockings too! I gave my Mom, Dani, and Taylor cuts and colors, my Dad a big batch of home-made carmel corn, and we got Mitch... a war club. Complete with real iron spikes, the prefect gift for a 15 year old boy.

He spent the rest of the day trying to find stuff to hit with it...
Then that afternoon we went across the drive way to my Dad's parents and opened present and did a white elephant. Not only did we get some presents from my grandma, but I also got a card set and Micah got about 10 dollar store oldie movies, you can never have enough of those.. all courtesy of the white elephant.
We stayed till the day after Christmas and then made the long trek home. To avoid Snoqualmie we took a different route home, along the Columbia river. It was gorgeous! I had never been that we and was surprise at how beautiful it was! Rolling green hills and the peaceful river. Anyway if you have a chace to got through Oregon that way I highly recommend it.

It's been so nice to be home!
Our last exciting news... We bought a new couch! A real couch! We got it from Ashley furniture, it's actually the same one that Molly and Kaitlen have :). It won't be delivered for another 3 weeks, but we're pretty excited about it. I was about half the price of the one's we've been looking at at RC Willey, and since I really don't like RC Willey I was very happy to buy somewhere else! We got the couch and loveseat, we're hoping top put the couch in the game room and the love seat in the living room.. Since the living room is now quite empty...lol
This is the stock photo
We're on our way to becoming grown ups!

4 comments:

Judy Huntzinger said...

Why yes you are quite grown up!!plus a couch, congrats. Glad you had a wonderful Christmas. Also glad you were able to travel safely. NOw you have "Chains" what a pain they are!! but it enables you to go when the going gets tough.... glad also that you are home.

Stephny said...

What I forgot to add was that on the way back going over the blue mountains, 2 rungs of the chains broke and completely scratched up the right back side of the car. It did get us home... but not in ideal condition

Collings Family said...

I must say you have wonderful taste in couches! I've missed your posts...don't ever make me wait that long again!

tim said...

That's a good looking couch. I love your new living room, its a good idea.