Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Part One

So a friend of mine did this and I thought it was a swell idea...

I have compiled a list of my all-time favorite beauty products.
(keep in mind these are my favorties and the may not be best for all times of skin and hair)

1. Favorite face wash line-
Aveda Botanical Kinetics

I've never really had any problems with my skin, all grown up I had pretty 'normal' skin. Maybe a zit once or twice every couple of months but nothing major (I attribute this to the moist environment), but when I moved to the desert tundra that is utah... My face got all kinds of irritated. My previous favorite was Proactiv (which I liked because it bleaches your face and evens your tone, but it stops working after a while) this seems to be the one that works best, I use the full line cleanser, toner, and moisturizer about every day. It's cleared up my skin faster than anything else I've tried, when coupled with drinking lots of water :)

2. Favorite Shampoo and Conditioner

This is the best for fine hair, make sure that you condition regularly though it will dry out you hair if you don't!

3.Favorite 'Off Brand' Shampoo
Aussia Dual Personalities Shampoo
This is a picture of thier hairspray... but I'm talking about the shampoo. If you want a shampoo that won't make your roots greasy but will keep your ends moist, try this. Now I'm not condoning the use of 'non professional' product, but if I'm in a bind and can't get to a beauty supply... I'll use this.
4. Favorite Leave-In Conditioner
Bio-Silk Silk Therapy Serum
This has been a favorite of my for years. It's so great! It's made with actual silk proteins that make you hair feel so nice. My only caution it don't over do it, like with most leave-in's it'll get greasy fast. I use less than a dime sized dallup and that's more than enough for me. I also use this after I shave my legs (I have suce sensitive skin) to prevent razor burn.
5. Favorite Nail Polish
OPI- My private Jet

This is what the color actually looks like on you fingers... It's freakin cool...

6. Favorite Mascara
Loreal Voluminous Mascara

While I was in school I had the oppurtunity to go to a MAC makeup class. One of the things they told me was there is no reason to spend alot of money on mascara, none at all, just find one that works for you. Reason being that mascara is only supposed to last about 1-2months, so all of yous that have had the same mascara for months (maybe years) CHUCK THEM! I mean it! The reason it is only supposed to last 2-3months is because of all of the bacteria that gets built up inside those little tubes, mascara like all makeup can and will go rancid. Be especially careful with make up that you apply around your eyes, infections happen VERY easy. As far as this mascara goes I love it, it goes on and looks soft not hard and crunchy. After I apply it I do go back through it with a clean wand, it does have the tendency to get clumpy. But it looks so nice!

3 comments:

emily and logan said...

that's my fave mascara, too!

Sherwoods said...

I'm going to have to try that Aveda face wash line because nothing seems to work for me! Good to know. Thanks for the tips!

Collings Family said...

And I didn't even have to pay for all of that advice! I loved the jet nail polish - I'll have to get me some.