Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Whine session

I hate is when you wait all week for the weekend, only to have the never ending weekend from you know where...
It started out well, friday night we went for chinese with the Browns, and afterward the came to our house and we watched Juno. I've heard good things about Juno, but I didn't really like it... 
Saturday we spent at Jordan and Heidi Armstrongs, the have a cute little house on the Potomac. It was fun catching up :) We had dinner then went down to the water. Micah had fun climbing tree, Max got 3 ticks, mosquitos feasted on my blood... But it was a good evening.
Afterwards we went the Brown's  house where we met Jenny Neilson and watched 'Lars and the real girl'
I've actually wanted to see this movie for a while, and it turned out to be what I was looking for. It was a cute but quirky feel good movie, I would defiantly recommend it to anyone.
I had left my phone at home, so I checked it and found that I had a voicemail from my Mom "Call me as soon as you can, I dont care what time". To make a long story short, she wanted my to fly back home the next day. We had sacrament talks to give so I told her the soonest I could come would be monday. Our talks went good, I got a little flustered during mine... but Micah (as always) did fantastic. 
To make an even longer story short... My brother Mitchell got on a plane headed here, so he could fly Max back. Unfortunately, (after Mitchell is on the plane) we decide that since Max has been sick... he can't fly and that I should prolly stay home with him. Since Mitchell is already on his way here, Micah and I make the long trip north to pick him up from the airport. The plan was to bring him home with us, and then take him sightseeing the next morning before his flight. Keep in mind that by now it's like 11:30 at night. Mitchell landed so we circle round to pick him up, we ended up circling 5 times. We cannot figure out where he is, kind of jokingly I said "What airport are you at?" to which he replies "Newark". Hold the press.... Newark? I then call my Mom, and we realize that some how there has been a huge misunderstanding.
How does this fairy tale end you ask? Mitchell spent the night alone in New Jersey, we drive home, our car overheats, and I have to drive the last 30miles going 45mph on the freeway while Micah sleeps because he has to be up for work in a couple of hours, oh and it was the worst rainstorm that I had ever been in (turns out a tornado actually touched down in Maryland that night)
So monday morning (since I can't drive anywhere), I pop open the computer to continue my job search. Only to find that once again we have a comcast issue (it was an outage this time), I have no internet access or cable. Blech.
Now it's tuesday Micah has to drive to work in the rain, I am still applying to jobs, Max is sick, my check got lost in the mail on it's way to the bank, I still have bug bites, and it's raining outside.

4 comments:

L Huntz said...

Your previous blog's title and this one is quite a switch! LaVar was almost hysterical, he laughed and laughed. I am so sorry, what's next?? Only Mitch could fly with the dog? Did he eat something "bad" that made him sick? Goodness, I assure you if it wasn't all of this it would be something else..... ( absolutely no comfort in that thought, sorry shouldn't have mentioned it). You write so well, we could just imagine that story.... Newark... your mom just didn't know where you live now?

Laura said...

oh, I'm so sorry. Haven't we all had days...weeks that go like that. When it rains, it pours!

Charlotte said...

Oh man... I am so sorry! Makes boring days a relief though, right?

Collings Family said...

What an ordeal! Hope Max feels better soon poor little guy. I will have to watch the "LARS" movie - by the way I heard Ryan Gosling is LDS but maybe its an urban legend. Maybe you'll run into my mom sometime in Fredericksburg! Hope you find a job you like soon. I heard that Geico is always hiring. That's where I applied when we were going to move back there and there were tons of receptionist jobs avail. There is also a credit card company at Massaponax that hires a lot. Good luck