I've never heard a thunder storm like the one we had last night. I don't even know how to explain it... it was so loud and bright. We had a 'unconfirmed tornado' pass through the area! Yikes! There was actually a building collapse in Frederickburg, major damage done to a neighborhood in Stafford, and lots of flood damage. There is still a flood warning for the area, luckily we live pretty far from any rivers or creeks.

(this is one of the houses that was hit in Stafford )
I've never lived in a place that experiences real weather!
Worry not for us we are fine, really soggy...but fine. Hopefully the worst is over, although we're expecting more thunderstorms today.
3 comments:
Oddly enough, I love thunderstorms. As a kid we would sit on our front porch every afternoon in the summer and watch them roll in and roll away. Things would be so fresh and cool afterwards and the smell of a storm rolling in is one of my favorites. Tornadoes however, that would be scary! I still wish I was there.
Boy, that area doesn't usually have that bad of weather. I thought the rainstorm I drove through last Monday was bad, sorry you are getting even more. I August you will wish they had a way to store some of that water, because the last several years there has been a drought (Virginia defines as not having rained in the last 10 days).
I considered it a coming home present. I love storms on the East Coast. Maybe not ones that knock down buildings and houses throughout the area, but I like nice ones.
Welcome to the East Coast!
Post a Comment