Since I've been in Virginia I've learned a couple things....
*You MUST specify 'Northern' Virginia
*Instead of telling racist joke, everyone tells West Virginia jokes
*When you mow the grass it smells like onions*NEVER leave food on the counter, even for 5min... There are ants everywhere!
*I've never REALLY understood the meaning of traffic until now
*The same goes for thunderstorms!
*The 'average' commute is over an hour
*Wawa, Sheetz, and Kum & Go are the names of gas stations
*Washington state is synonymous with the words Hippie and Hickville
*Trees flower in the spring (They don't stay green!)
*The FBI and the CIA aren't really that cool...
Just to name a few :)
(p.s. I miss everyone back home!)
2 comments:
I laughed so hard when I read that. Quit writing stuff about VA, its making me homesick! J/K Except for the traffic - I don't miss that at all. But it wasn't like that when I lived in Fredericksburg before Central Park. What do you get at a West Virginian family reunion? A full set of teeth. Forgive me, its in my blood.
AAAh ha, a lady at church asked me if enjoyed my trip to WEST Virginia. I almost choked to correct her to "Just Virginia" she looked puzzled at the emphases, and I just smiled at myself. Whatever, you just gotta know. You can imagine my surprise after teasing Sandy Dodd for years (she is from WV) that I found our ancestors from.... WV. Just over the stateline but yup, Blue Field West Virginia. Sandy thought that was quite funny.
Post a Comment