Sunday, February 1, 2009

A moment of silence please...

For the BMW is no more
That's right, as many of you have heard... tuesday morning there was a big snow storm in NOVA, when I woke up that morning Micah said 'Have you looked outside? You should dress warm, we're probably going to get in an accident today'. Funny enough a women hit us right outside of our neighborhood. We were sitting in the left hand turn lane on Heatherstone, turning onto Rt. 3; a girl (who was maybe 19) took a right turn too fast and smacked right into our driver-side doors. After waiting around  for like an hour for the police to take his report, we were back on our way. 
Only to meet our demise a half hour later...



From what I can remember ... there was an unplowed road, a hill, and an S-turn.
Anyway, the airbags deployed and we were both wearing our seatbelts. Other than my neck being a little sore the next day, we were both strangely absolutely fine. The same can't be said for our car... The adjuster told us wednesday that the car was totaled :(

8 comments:

Stephny said...

I forgot to mention... there were over 300 accidents in Northern Virginia that morning!

Unknown said...

I looks really bad. Glad you both are fine. Poor car =(

Alyssa said...

Oh....so sorry for your terrible morning! I hope the neck is getting better and not worse. So...I guess you are finished with that fun little car now--sigh

Nikki said...

You guys didnt take Joplin in the snow did you? :-) Say it isn't so!!!
I hope you told Micah that he JINXED it that morning.
Really though- at least you got to come home to a warm house! :-) I am so glad you are feeling alright. If you need anything you know you can call.

Charlotte said...

Over 300? Wow! What a day. So sorry.

tim said...

Just be glad it wasn't the other car! From what I remember the beemer was starting to give you problems anyway...so now Micah can scratch that itch he's been having for something new. What will it be...?
I hope your neck feels better.

Judy Huntzinger said...

Too bad you already fixed the tires etc. before the "totaled" status of the car. One scarey day, at least you got to go home after it all.

Collings Family said...

I can't believe it! What bad luck! That Virginia snow can be so icy - I'm glad you weren't hurt!